This is a New manufactured 6.0L Ford Powerstroke GT3782VA Turbocharger.
||2003 - 9/29/2003 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Diesel F-Series Pickups
2003 - 9/29/2003 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke Excursion
2003 - 9/29/2003 Ford 6.0L Powerstroke E-Series Vans
Reference Numbers:||1832160C91, 1840054C98, 725390-0003
Core Return Required:
||No core is due
Core Cost if not returned within 30 days:
Please follow all manufactures installation instructions. Professional installation may be required.
WARNING!! CHANGE ENGINE OIL PRIOR TO TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION. NOT DOING SO MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE TURBOCHARGER FAILURE.
TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS INSPECT – LINES AND FITTINGS
- Visually inspect the oil supply and drain lines for kinks, clogging, or other restrictions.
- Check exhaust manifold, oil supply, and oil drain line flanges for cracks or rust. Verify flatness on surface areas. Remove any old gaskets or any gasket material present on these surface areas.
- Check air cleaner; air cleaner duct; and the exhaust manifold for any foreign objects.
ANY FOREIGN OBJECTS LEFT IN THESE AREAS CAN FATALLY DAMAGE THE TURBOCHARGER AND MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE ENGINE! INSPECT AND PREP– NEW TURBOCHARGER
- Ensure that no dirt or foreign objects have entered the turbocharger openings.
- Place new o-ring and gaskets on oil inlet side of turbo, use clean engine oil to lubricate o-rings before assembly.
- Install turbocharger, mount both rear and front side, using high temperature nickel anti-seize lubricant to the bolt threads.
- Position all wire retainers and install bolts.
- Lubricate turbocharger by pouring clean engine oil into the oil inlet hole of the turbo. With your fingers, spin the compressor wheel several times to coat the turbocharger bearings with oil. Pour more oil into the oil inlet hole to top it off. There may be some drainage, but this is of no concern.
- Connect the oil supply line, position the oil feed tube and install oil inlet bolts.
- Connect the air cooler duct inlet, installed with v-band clamp.
- Connect the air exhaust duct, installed with v-band clamp.
- Check for proper crankcase oil level.
- Test to prevent “engine start – fuel shut off”: crank the engine for a short duration of 15 seconds until the gauge shows an oil pressure build up.
- Start the engine and let it idle for 5-10 minutes. (Do not rev the engine during this time)
- Inspect installation for any oil leaks.
TURBOCHARGER TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS
- V-band nuts All TV and TL models 120 lb-in
- GT 40-45 models 110-130 lb-in
- All other models 50 lb-in
- Marmon Clamp (Inlet) 108 lb-in
- Marmon Clamp (Exhuast) 89 lb-in
- Bolts GT37 & GTP38 Models 350 lb-in
- T3 automotive 165 lb-in
- GT series - compressor bolts 145-164 lb-in
- GT series - turbine bolts 185-215 lb-in
- Navistar, compressor and turbine 185-215 lb-in
- All other models 140 lb-in
- Oil Inlet Bolt 216 lb-in