This is a remanufactured 6.6L Duramax Turbocharger for GM Duramax LMM engine applications.
- This hydraulically actuated turbocharger undergoes a complete remanufacturing process developed by experienced engineers.
- Each turbo is carefully disassembled and thoroughly cleaned using different cleaning methods.
- Once the parts are cleaned, they are visually inspected and measured by qualified technicians. The rotating components are balanced individually and then again as an assembly.
- The cartridges are assembled using all new critical components.
- The assembled cartridge is then high speed tested in a Vibration Sorting Rig (VSR) which spins the turbo in excess of 90,000 RPM while it measures any amount of unbalance throughout the RPM range.
- The hydraulic actuators are remanufactured by qualified technicians and tested prior to the final assembly process. All remanufacturing takes place in the USA.
Applications:||2007.5 - 2010 GM 6.6L Duramax LMM Pickup/Sierra
2007.5 - 2010 GM 6.6L Duramax LMM Van
2007.5 - 2010 GM 6.6L Duramax LMM Topkick
*CORE MUST BE IN "OFF ENGINE CONDITION" FOR FULL CREDIT*
The purchase price of this Turbocharger DOES NOT include the $275 core deposit. We provide a FREE pre-paid return shipping label and give you 30 Days to send your old part (core) back to us. If the part is not returned within the 30 day period you will be contacted and charged the price for the cores. If the cores are received after the charge, you will be refunded the amount due.
Please follow all manufactures installation instructions. Professional installation may be required.
WARNING!! CHANGE ENGINE OIL PRIOR TO TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION. NOT DOING SO MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE TURBOCHARGER FAILURE.
TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS INSPECT – LINES AND FITTINGS
- Visually inspect the oil supply and drain lines for kinks, clogging, or other restrictions.
- Check exhaust manifold, oil supply, and oil drain line flanges for cracks or rust. Verify flatness on surface areas. Remove any old gaskets or any gasket material present on these surface areas.
- Check air cleaner; air cleaner duct; and the exhaust manifold for any foreign objects.
ANY FOREIGN OBJECTS LEFT IN THESE AREAS CAN FATALLY DAMAGE THE TURBOCHARGER AND MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE ENGINE! INSPECT AND PREP– NEW TURBOCHARGER
- Ensure that no dirt or foreign objects have entered the turbocharger openings.
- Place new o-ring and gaskets on oil inlet side of turbo, use clean engine oil to lubricate o-rings before assembly.
- Install turbocharger, mount both rear and front side, using high temperature nickel anti-seize lubricant to the bolt threads.
- Position all wire retainers and install bolts.
- Lubricate turbocharger by pouring clean engine oil into the oil inlet hole of the turbo. With your fingers, spin the compressor wheel several times to coat the turbocharger bearings with oil. Pour more oil into the oil inlet hole to top it off. There may be some drainage, but this is of no concern.
- Connect the oil supply line, position the oil feed tube and install oil inlet bolts.
- Connect the air cooler duct inlet, installed with v-band clamp.
- Connect the air exhaust duct, installed with v-band clamp.
- Check for proper crankcase oil level.
- Test to prevent “engine start – fuel shut off”: crank the engine for a short duration of 15 seconds until the gauge shows an oil pressure build up.
- Start the engine and let it idle for 5-10 minutes. (Do not rev the engine during this time)
- Inspect installation for any oil leaks.
TURBOCHARGER TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS
- V-band nuts All TV and TL models 120 lb-in
- GT 40-45 models 110-130 lb-in
- All other models 50 lb-in
- Marmon Clamp (Inlet) 108 lb-in
- Marmon Clamp (Exhuast) 89 lb-in
- Bolts GT37 & GTP38 Models 350 lb-in
- T3 automotive 165 lb-in
- GT series - compressor bolts 145-164 lb-in
- GT series - turbine bolts 185-215 lb-in
- Navistar, compressor and turbine 185-215 lb-in
- All other models 140 lb-in
- Oil Inlet Bolt 216 lb-in
Overall Customer Rating of 1 Reviews: