Reman turbocharger for the 2.7L Sprinter application (OM647).
||2004 to 2006 2.7L Dodge Sprinter OM647 Engine with VNT Box
2004 to 2006 2.7L Freightliner Sprinter OM647 Engine with VNT Box
2004 to 2006 2.7L Mercedes Sprinter OM647
|Reference Numbers:||736088-0003, A6470900280, 6470900280, 736088-5003, 736088-5006S, 736088-0006, 736088-5003S, 736088-0003
*CORE MUST BE IN "OFF ENGINE CONDITION" FOR FULL CREDIT*
The purchase price of this turbocharger DOES NOT include the $350.00 core deposit. We provide a FREE pre-paid return shipping label and give you 30 Days to send your old part (core/cores) back to us. If the core is not returned within the 30 day grace period, your credit card will be charged the price for the core. If the cores are received after the charge, you will be refunded the amount charged for core. You will no longer be eligible to return the core after a year from your original purchase. Please see our core return policy or contact us with any questions.
Please follow all manufactures installation instructions. Professional installation may be required.
WARNING!! CHANGE ENGINE OIL PRIOR TO TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION. NOT DOING SO MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE TURBOCHARGER FAILURE.
TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS INSPECT – LINES AND FITTINGS
- Visually inspect the oil supply and drain lines for kinks, clogging, or other restrictions.
- Check exhaust manifold, oil supply, and oil drain line flanges for cracks or rust. Verify flatness on surface areas. Remove any old gaskets or any gasket material present on these surface areas.
- Check air cleaner; air cleaner duct; and the exhaust manifold for any foreign objects.
ANY FOREIGN OBJECTS LEFT IN THESE AREAS CAN FATALLY DAMAGE THE TURBOCHARGER AND MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE ENGINE! INSPECT AND PREP– NEW TURBOCHARGER
- Ensure that no dirt or foreign objects have entered the turbocharger openings.
- Place new o-ring and gaskets on oil inlet side of turbo, use clean engine oil to lubricate o-rings before assembly.
- Install turbocharger, mount both rear and front side, using high temperature nickel anti-seize lubricant to the bolt threads.
- Position all wire retainers and install bolts.
- Lubricate turbocharger by pouring clean engine oil into the oil inlet hole of the turbo. With your fingers, spin the compressor wheel several times to coat the turbocharger bearings with oil. Pour more oil into the oil inlet hole to top it off. There may be some drainage, but this is of no concern.
- Connect the oil supply line, position the oil feed tube and install oil inlet bolts.
- Connect the air cooler duct inlet, installed with v-band clamp.
- Connect the air exhaust duct, installed with v-band clamp.
- Check for proper crankcase oil level.
- Test to prevent “engine start – fuel shut off”: crank the engine for a short duration of 15 seconds until the gauge shows an oil pressure build up.
- Start the engine and let it idle for 5-10 minutes. (Do not rev the engine during this time)
- Inspect installation for any oil leaks.