New 5.9L turbochargers made by Rotomaster for Dodge Cummins 5.9L applications.
||1999-2002 5.9L Cummins Dodge Ram Pickup - Manual Transmission
* NO CORE IS DUE WITH A NEW TURBOCHARGER*
Please follow all manufactures installation instructions. Professional installation may be required.
WARNING!! CHANGE ENGINE OIL PRIOR TO TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION. NOT DOING SO MAY RESULT IN PREMATURE TURBOCHARGER FAILURE.
TURBOCHARGER INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS INSPECT – LINES AND FITTINGS
- Visually inspect the oil supply and drain lines for kinks, clogging, or other restrictions.
- Check exhaust manifold, oil supply, and oil drain line flanges for cracks or rust. Verify flatness on surface areas. Remove any old gaskets or any gasket material present on these surface areas.
- Check air cleaner; air cleaner duct; and the exhaust manifold for any foreign objects.
ANY FOREIGN OBJECTS LEFT IN THESE AREAS CAN FATALLY DAMAGE THE TURBOCHARGER AND MAY CAUSE DAMAGE TO THE ENGINE! INSPECT AND PREP– NEW TURBOCHARGER
- Ensure that no dirt or foreign objects have entered the turbocharger openings.
- Place new o-ring and gaskets on oil inlet side of turbo, use clean engine oil to lubricate o-rings before assembly.
- Install turbocharger, mount both rear and front side, using high temperature nickel anti-seize lubricant to the bolt threads.
- Position all wire retainers and install bolts.
- Lubricate turbocharger by pouring clean engine oil into the oil inlet hole of the turbo. With your fingers, spin the compressor wheel several times to coat the turbocharger bearings with oil. Pour more oil into the oil inlet hole to top it off. There may be some drainage, but this is of no concern.
- Connect the oil supply line, position the oil feed tube and install oil inlet bolts.
- Connect the air cooler duct inlet, installed with v-band clamp.
- Connect the air exhaust duct, installed with v-band clamp.
- Check for proper crankcase oil level.
- Test to prevent “engine start – fuel shut off”: crank the engine for a short duration of 15 seconds until the gauge shows an oil pressure build up.
- Start the engine and let it idle for 5-10 minutes. (Do not rev the engine during this time)
- Inspect installation for any oil leaks.
TURBOCHARGER TORQUE SPECIFICATIONS
- Exhaust Pipe V-band 100 lb-in
- Mounting Nuts 32 lb-ft
- Drain Tube Mounting Bolts 18 lb-ft
- Air Inlet Hose 35 lb-in
- Oil Drain Tube 18 lb-ft
- Oil Supply Line 18 lb-ft
- Charge Air Cooler Inlet Pipe 95 lb-in